Easy-to-use technologies that give you peace of mind
You can easily block entire categories of content by choosing from any of K9’s 69 categories, including:
Safe Search is supported by many leading search engines as a way to block search results for offensive topics. For example, Safe Search might not show any results in a search for adult photos. K9 Web Protection also enables you to force users to use Safe Search with the following search engines: Google, A9, AltaVista, Microsoft Live, Yahoo, Ask and Orange.co.uk.
In addition, you have the option to block the use of search engines that do not support Safe Search.
Personal firewalls and Internet security products
K9 Web Protection is compatible with the following third-party personal firewall and Internet security products:
- Personal firewalls: Comodo
- Anti-virus products: Avast, Avira
- Internet security suites: McAfee, F-Secure, Norton/Symantec, Computer Associates and Check Point ZoneAlarm
In addition to enabling you to allow or block Web access during certain times of the day, K9 Web Protection offers NightGuard — a convenient way to block all Web access during certain times of the day or night. For example, using NightGuard, with a few clicks you can disable all Web access between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. every day.
You can also keep track of K9’s activity with convenient, detailed logs that enable you to:
- Organize logs by time of day, secure Web sites blocked and unsafe search blocks
- Remove old log entries
- Store logs on the computer in a format that is readable only by K9 Web Protection