K9 Safe Search is a family friendly search engine from the creators of K9 Web Protection. K9 Safe Search removes offensive or malicious links and images from your search results by using the same web filtering technology in the K9 Web Protection software. K9 Safe Search is the safest search engine available today.
Beginning with K9 Web Protection version 4.3, you have the option to redirect all searches to Google, Yahoo, Bing, and Ask to K9 Safe Search. When accessed on a computer running K9 Web Protection, K9 Safe Search will filter the results based on your K9 settings – giving you a customized safe search experience.
To redirect searches to K9 Safe Search:
- On the computer you want to enforce K9 Safe Search on, go to http://127.0.0.1:2372
- Click on [Setup] and log in with your K9 admin password.
- Choose [Safe Search] in the left column
- Check the box next to "Redirect to K9 Safe Search"
- Click [Save]. All searches to Google, Yahoo, Bing, or Ask will now be redirected to K9 Safe Search.
In addition, if you ever get blocked when performing a search on an "Open Image" server (such as Google Images or Flickr), you will be presented with an option to perform the same search using K9 Safe Search. No additional configuration is needed for this functionality. Simply click on the[Safe Search] button on the block page.
You can find out more about K9 Safe Search by visiting http://www.k9safesearch.com/about.jsp