You have a Blue Screen or other crashes on your computer.
If your computer is having an issue resulting in the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) and you think it may be related to K9, you will need to contact K9 Support. Before doing that, please follow some steps to gather some additional information about the issue that will help us to correct the problem.
Preparing Your Computer for the Crash Dump
- Go to your Start Menu, right-click on "My Computer" and choose properties.
- Click on the [Advanced] Tab.
- Click on the [Settings] button under the "Startup and Recovery" section.
- In the "Write debugging information" section, change the value in the drop-down list to "Kernel memory dump".
- Click [OK] and [OK] again.
You are now setup to save the crash information when your computer crashes. Please be aware that a crash dump file contains all information related to programs currently running on your computer. As such, this file may contain personal information in addition to the information we require to determine the cause of the blue screen crash. We will not under any circumstance exploit any personal information that is contained in any crash dump we receive. We do not attempt to access any information beyond what is required to determine the cause of the crash. Your security and privacy remain the first priority of Blue Coat Systems.
Please use the form at this link to contact support.
When you contact K9 Support please give us the following information with specific details. After we get these details, we will likely ask for crash dump and have additional steps for you.
- What security programs you have installed on your computer (Firewalls, anti-virus, etc)
- Web browser that you are using and what version number
- Steps that you had taken that resulted in the Blue Screen