You want to know how to configure and test the Time Restrictions feature in K9 Web Protection.
K9 Web Protection can restrict web access according to a daily time schedule you customize. Note that currently this will only affect web site browsing, not Chat/IM, P2P or other internet traffic.
Please perform the following steps to set time restrictions:
- Open the K9 administration interface (from the icon in your Start menu or directly at http://127.0.0.1:2372.
- Click Setup and sign in with your password.
- Click Time Restrictions in the left-hand column.
- Select NightGuard or Custom and highlight a block of time during which you wish to deny web access. Once you have selected the time (click and drag the mouse), a menu will pop up to block or allow that time.
- Press the Save button.
- Repeat steps 4-5 until the time restrictions fit your needs. You can also Allow a time selection instead of Deny it. Note that step #6 is not required every time, but it is a good idea to save changes as you go.
Note: When time restrictions activate, it will block internet access on the *next* web request. Any web site currently open will still be visible, until the user clicks to a new page.
If desired, you can override time restrictions easily using your password on the block page. We recommend you also read the information concerning changes to your system time.