You want to uninstall K9 Web Protection on a Windows computer.
Please follow the instructions below to uninstall K9 Web Protection. Make sure you are connected to the internet before uninstalling K9 so your license is properly released. If this is not possible, you can continue to uninstall, but you will need to request a new K9 license if you choose to reinstall K9 in the future. Also, please make sure you are logged into your Windows Administrator user profile. Attempting to uninstall K9 from any other user profile than “Administrator” will not work.
- Click [Start].
- Click [Control Panel] (Note: if you cannot see this option, it may be under [Settings]).
- Open [Programs and Features] (Note: This will be called [Add/Remove Programs] in Windows XP).
- Locate Blue Coat K9 Web Protection in the list of programs and click once to highlight it.
- Click [Change/Remove].
- Click [Yes] when you are asked whether you want to completely remove K9. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UNINSTALL K9 WITHOUT A PASSWORD. By design, K9 will block all internet access should one attempt to uninstall K9 without using a password. Attempts to modify K9 at the registry level will have the same effect.
- Enter your K9 Administration password and click [Uninstall]. If you forgot your password, click the “Forgot Password…” link to have a temporary password emailed to the email address on file.
- When prompted to reboot your computer, click [Yes].
After rebooting your computer, K9 will be completely uninstalled.