How do I configure AVG to work with K9 Web Protection?
In order to configure AVG so that it works with K9, you need to perform the following steps. Sadly, this has to be done *during* the AVG install process, as they do not provide a mechanism to disable these features once the application has been installed.
- Uninstall AVG completely. Reboot your computer when prompted to do so after the uninstall is complete. (You do not need to do this if you have not yet installed AVG)
- Once rebooted, open the AVG installer file to begin the reinstall process.
- When prompted for "Express" or "Custom" install, select "Custom" and click [Next].
- Uncheck the boxes next to "AVG Add-ons" and "Link Scanner" and click [Next].
- Now, uncheck the boxes next to options for "AVG Secure Search" and "AVG Toolbar" and click [Next].
- Reboot your computer once the install process has completed.
This should be the configuration that AVG needs to be able to work with K9 with no problems.